Fill a Child’s Life With Joy This Christmas
Operation Christmas Child brings gifts to children in need around the world, providing a tangible reminder that God loves them and that they have not been forgotten. But they aren’t the only ones who are blessed. Every person who takes part in picking out items for their boxes, making cards, and wrapping their gifts is blessed with the opportunity to make a real difference in a child’s life.
It’s easy to be a part of Operation Christmas Child.
1. Find empty standard shoeboxes or plastic containers with lids.
2. Determine whether your shoebox gifts will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
3. Purchase toys, educational supplies, hygiene items, and sweets! (Please see more info>> for a complete list of ideas)
4. Donate $7.00 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online at www.samaritanspurse.org and track your package, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and bring it with you to the packing party.
5. Bring your boxes and gifts to Springbrook on or before November 23rd and enjoy a time of fellowship as we prepare our gifts to be a blessing.
We hope that you will join us for our annual Operation Christmas Child Wrapping Event on Sunday, November 23rd from 12:30pm until 4:00pm in the Gym.
Together we will inspect and pack Springbrook’s donated boxes, and learn more about Operation Christmas Child and what our shoeboxes filled with gifts mean to the poorest children around the world. Entire families are welcome, including children. We just ask that you please bring a roll of wrapping paper. A pizza lunch will also be provided!
If you can’t join us on the 23rd, please consider packing boxes on your own and dropping them off at the church before November 23rd. We hope that you will join us and invite other families outside the church to join us too.
If you have any questions, please contact Bill and Becky Atkinson at email@example.com.