2023-2024 School Year
Awana is an international, nonprofit Bible-based ministry for boys and girls. Founded in 1950, Awana has grown to reach 4.5 million children annually. The name Awana is taken from 2 Timothy 2:15 and is an acronym that stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed. The club’s goal is succinctly declared in the Awana flag pledge: “…to reach boys and girls with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.”
Awana is designed so children have fun while they learn about God and understand and memorize the Bible. Trained leaders come alongside children as mentors, encouragers, teachers and friends.
Springbrook’s Awana Club is fast-paced and packed with fun, encouragement and learning. Club meets at the church on Wednesday nights from 6:30pm to 8:00pm during the school year. Springbrook offers Sparks for grades K-2 and Truth & Training for grades 3-6.
We invite any child in kindergarten through 6th grade to come and visit our Awana club. We are sure they will want to join us!
AWANA MINISTRY SERVING OPPORTUNITIES
- We need committed volunteers to help love our little ones!
- Anyone who has a relationship with Christ and willing to work with kids can serve in Awana.
- We do ask all volunteers to complete Springbrook’s Starting Point workshop, and regularly attend Springbrook’s weekly services.
- Volunteers must be able to give Awana nights and Leader meetings priority in their schedule.
- For the safety and protection of our children, all volunteers will be required to submit relevant information for mandatory background screening.
For additional information, complete the contact form below!