It Begins with a Shoebox.
The mission of Operation Christmas Child founded by Samaritan’s Purse is to demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way to needy children around the world, and together with the local church worldwide, to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
How to pack a shoebox: Use an empty cardboard or plastic shoebox (average size). Decide whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Download and print the appropriate boy/girl label, or you can pick one up in the lobby at Springbrook. Mark the correct age category and tape the label to the top of your box. Wrap the box and lid separately, and attach $10 to the box to cover shipping.
Gift box Content Suggestions
- Video: Check out this link to the Operations Christmas Child page for complete information and helpful tips!
- Toys: include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do not include: Candy; toothpaste; gum; used or damaged items; scary or war-related items such as toy guns, knives, or military figures; chocolate or food; seeds; fruit rolls or other fruit snacks; drink mixes (powdered or liquid); liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.
Springbrook is a drop off site the week of November 14-20 this year. If you are interested in saying hello and talking with many new families as we collect boxes and prepare them for shipment around the world, we would love to have you on our collection team! Simply click Volunteer Signup now! Training for collection hosts will be on Sunday, November 13th, at 12:30pm.
For additional information, contact Becky Atkinson.
Mon, Nov. 14: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Tue, Nov. 15: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Wed, Nov. 16: 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM
Thu, Nov. 17: 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Fri, Nov. 18: 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Sat, Nov. 19: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Sun, Nov. 20: 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Mon, Nov. 21: 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM